منتديات المُنى والأرب

منتديات المُنى والأرب (http://www.arabna312.com//index.php)
-   مكتبة الطفل (http://www.arabna312.com//forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Bedtime Stories (http://www.arabna312.com//showthread.php?t=26569)

صائد الأفكار 15 - 8 - 2012 12:42 AM

FROG CHANGED TO PRINCE

Once upon a time, there was a king who lived in a beautiful palace that stood near a forest. He had several beautiful daughters.
There was a lake at a distance from the palace. During the summer, the youngest princess used to seat near the lake and sometimes would play there with a golden ball.
One day while she was playing with her ball, the ball fell into the lake. She started crying. Seeing the princess weeping, a frog who has present there, said to her, "What's the matter? O, princess! Why are you crying"?
http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...olden_ball.jpgThe princess was surprised to hear the voice. She looked here and there. Then her eyes fell on a frog who was peeping out of the lake water. The princess said, "O frog, see, my ball has fallen in the lake. How can I get my ball back. Please help me in getting the ball out."
The frog laughed and said, "Oh! This is what you are crying for. Now stop weeping. I will certainly help you."
Then he thought for a while and said, "But tell me what you will give me in exchange for bringing the ball out of the water."
The princess said, "Dear friend, I am ready to give you anything. You may ask for jewellery, pearls and even my golden crown in exchange for the golden ball."
The frog replied, "Dear princess, I do not want any of these things. I only want your true friendship. I want to share your lunch and dinner and want to be a good friend of yours. If you agree to make me your friend, I can bring your ball out of the water." The princess readily agreed and said, "I accept your proposal. Now please go quickly and bring my ball."
She was very eager to get her ball back. ‘The frog is mad that's why he wants to make friends with me,' she thought.
Meanwhile, the frog took a dip and brought the ball out of the water. As she saw the ball, the princess jumped out of joy. She picked it up and ran to the palace. The frog also followed her and said, "Wait, dear princess! Take me with you as you have promised. I cannot run as fast as you." But the princess ignored the frog. She reached the palace and forgot her promise to the frog. Next day when the princess was sitting on the dining table with her father and sisters, she heard a noise coming from outside. After some time, it sounded that someone outside. After sometime, it sounded that someone was coming through the stairs. The sound of ascending the stairs could be heard clearly.
The next moment someone knocked at the door and said, "O princess! Please open the door. I have reached here after so much trouble."http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...eat_togeth.jpg
On hearing the voice, the princess rushed and opened the door. The princess was surprised and frightened when she saw the frog. She quickly closed the door and went back to the dining table.
Seeing his daughter disturbed, the king asked her, "What is the matter? Is there an enemy at the door or has anyone tried to harm you?"
The princess said, "No father! There is neither an enemy nor anyone who has tried to hurt me. It is an ugly frog who is trying to enter the palace."
The king asked, "Why has the frog come here?" The princess narrated all that happened the previous day at the lake. She also told the king that she had promised to make the frog her friend in exchange for getting the ball back. At this moment, the frog again knocked at the door. The king said, "Dear princess, do not break your promise. Bring the frog inside with due respect."
Then, the princess, let the frog enter the palace. The frog said, "Let me sit on the chair beside you." The king said to the princess, "Dear, do what the frog is saying."
The princess gave a seat next to her. Then she offered the plates of dishes as desired by the frog, which he ate to his satisfaction. But the princess could not eat properly. After the dinner, the frog expressed his desire to sleep and asked the princess to take him to her bedroom.
Then the princess became nervous. She cried, "How can an ugly-looking and dirty frog sleep with me?"
But her father said, "Dear, never break any promise. If someone helps you in your distress, you should not forget his obligation. It is not fair to forget the help which he had rendered to you in your bad time."
The princess had no other mean but to take the frog to her bedroom and went to her bed to sleep.
At this stage, the frog whispered to the princess, "Take me to your bed, otherwise I will complain to your father."
http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...mes_prince.jpgThe princess lost her temper and in a fit of anger, she picked the frog up and threw him on the wall. But as soon as the frog hit the wall, he changed into a handsome prince. Seeing the prince, she cooled down and fell instantly in love with him.
Then the prince told her his story how he had been cursed by a witch. "O princess, pardon me. I behave rudely because that was the only way left for me to come of the course," the prince added. Soon they got married and the king blessed them. Thereafter, the prince went to his kingdom taking his bride with him.

صائد الأفكار 15 - 8 - 2012 12:44 AM

THE RESULT OF CUNNINGNESS

Once there lived a sadhu on the bank of the river Ganga. He had pledged to silence. That is why he had to convey his messages and ideas by sign language. He had many pupil to follow him. http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...utiful_gir.jpg
One day, he reached the house of Ganesh Vaish for alms. A beautiful girl came out to give alms. The sadhu was so enchanted to see her beauty that he even forgot his pledge. He spoke out, "What a beauty!" But the very next moment he realised his mistake and rushed bach his place.
But Ganesh, the farther of the girl saw him speaking something. He went to the sadhu and asked, "Baba! You are under the pledge of silence, but you uttered some words today at my house?" The sadhu was very cunning. H e said, "Your daughter is responsible for breaking my silence." Ganesh asked again, "How is my daughter responsible for that?"
The sadhu said, "Troubles are coming to you. The girl will bring misfortune. If you get her married, you will be destroyed." Ganesh became nervous and asked for the remedy. He promised to do whatever the Sadhu would ask him to do.
The hypocrite Sadhu thought for a while and said, "Put your daughter into a big wooden box and set it to float in the river with an earthen lamp lit over it. This way you will always be happy in your life."
The selfish and orthodox father was ready to sacrifice his daughter. He did as he had been told by the Sadhu despite his daughter’s protest.
On the other side, the Sadhu had directed his pupil to bring the box to him without opening it.http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...out_from_t.jpg
Meanwhile, something strange happened which saved the life of the daughter. A prince who was strolling along the bank of the river saw the wooden box floating in it. He asked his men to take the box out. When the box was opened, all were surprised to see a beautiful girl in it. The prince asked her, "Who are you? What had happened with you." She told everything to the prince. The prince understood that she was a victim of the lust of a cunning Sadhu, who had tried to take advantage of a superstitious self-centred father. He decided to teach a lesson to the Sadhu. He asked his men to put a dangerous monkey into the box and set it afloat again in the river. Then, the prince married the daughter of Ganesh and took her to his palace.
When the box reached near the ashram, the pupil took it out and gave it to their guru, who directed them to leave and not to come till called. He clarified that he would be busy in meditation. All the pupil left, leaving their guru alone in his hut.http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...unningness.jpg
At midnight, the Sadhu opened the box; a monkey jumped out and bit him at several places. The Sadhu ran out of his hut and cried for help. His pupil rushed to save him from the monkey. At first, they felt pity for him, but when they came to know the reality, they laughed at him.

صائد الأفكار 15 - 8 - 2012 12:44 AM

THREE WISHES

Once there lived a woodcutter with his wife. He used to cut wood in the forest and sold them in the market. This was the only means of his livelihood.http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...tting_wood.jpg
One day, he went to cut wood in the forest. On the way, he was singing a song and enjoying the nature and its beauty. There he saw a very big tree in front of him. He thought of cutting the whole tree to get more wood. As the tree was very big, the wood obtained from it would be enough for his whole life.
As the woodcutter picked up his axe to cut the tree, he heard a voice, "Please do not cut this tree." The woodcutter stopped and looked here and there, but found none. He thought it to be an illusion. He again picked his axe and aimed at the tree, but he heard the same words again, "Please be kind to me. Do not cut this tree." The woodcutter again stopped and looked all around. But he could not see anyone. He was quite perplexed. Then a fairy spoke from the tree, "I am a fairy and live in this tree. During the winter, I live in the trunk and for rest of the year I live on its branches. If you cut this tree, I will be homeless, the winter is approaching fast and I will die of cold. Do not destroy my home. I will fulfill your three desires instead."
The woodcutter was very happy. Now he could be rich without doing any work. He accepted the fairy’s offer and ran to his house to tell his wife about this. His wife was waiting for him as usual. She was surprised to see the woodcutter back so early and said, "Why did you so early today? You are looking very happy. What is the matter? Please let me know."
The woodcutter replied, "I got a big treasure today. Though it is yet to come. I will get the treasure soon." And he started dancing. His wife could not understand anything and said, "What is the matter? Tell me clearly. I cannot hold my patience anymore."http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...nd_tresure.jpg
The woodcutter narrated the whole incident to his wife. His wife jumped out of joy. The woodcutter said, "I am hungry. Give me something to eat." His wife said, "Since you used to come late, I have not prepared anything till now. Wait, I will just prepare something for you." The woodcutter said, "No, do not cook anything. I can fulfill any three desires. Now as the first one, I want sweets and hot pudding." As soon as he uttered these words, a plate of hot pudding came before him. He ate to his satisfaction and the plate continued to fill again and again. Then he asked his wife also to eat the tasty pudding. But she was very angry and said, "You have wasted one boon, and now I wish that the pudding should be pasted on your nose!" The pudding immediately stuck to his nose. The woodcutter got annoyed and said, "Oh, what a fool you are! What have you done?" He tried to clear the pudding from his nose, but the pudding remained stuck. He scolded his wife and said, "You have wasted the second boon and we can ask for lots of money." The woodcutter got irritated and said, "Oh! You are a big fool. There is hot pudding stuck to my nose and you are asking for money! I wish that the pudding of my nose should vanish immediately!" The pudding vanished. The woodcutter heaved a sigh of relief.
This way, the woodcutter and his wife lost the golden opportunity of becoming rich. Their luck had knocked at their door, but they failed to avail the opportunity and remained poor was as before.

صائد الأفكار 15 - 8 - 2012 12:45 AM

THE KING CHAKRAVEN

The story belongs to the mythological period of Tretayug. There lived a king named Chakraven who had a large empire. Unlike other kings, he lived like a saint. He never took any money either for himself or for his wife from the state treasury. He used to farm and grow vegetables, fruits and cereals, etc. for his family. This way, he lived a simple life.http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...y_her_life.jpg
Once, a fair was held in the kingdom. The women went there all decked up. But the queen reached there in a simple dress. She was not wearing any jewellery. Seeing the queen so simple, the women said to her, "You are the queen of such a big state, but you look the poorest of all. We want to see you impressively dressed with costly jewellery. You don’t live like a queen. We request you to live according to your status so that we could feel proud. We would be happy to see you adorned in a royal dress and costumes. Please consider our request. We want our queen to like a queen."
The queen was very distressed to hear the comments of the ladies.
On her return to the palace, she said to the king, "Some ladies from rich and prosperous families met me in the fair. They were surprised to see me in a simple dress and advised me to live as per the status i.e. a queen. Please arrange some ornaments and royal clothes for me."
The king was surprised to hear it. He thought, ‘The queen has become a victim of bad company and she has moved from the principles of a simple and pious life.’ Then he said, "I have no money for such valuable things and I cannot take money from the state treasury."
But the queen continued to press the king to arrange costly clothes and the ornaments for her. The king was unable to pacify her. At last he said, "Alright! I will do something to arrange for your ornaments." Then he ordered one of his ministers, "Go to Ravana, the king of Lanka, and tell him to give me a bag of gold. Lanka is made of gold. He can give me a bag easily."
The Minister expressed his doubts, "Ravana is not under you, majesty. He is under no obligation to pay you."http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti..._power_of_.jpg
The king said, "Though he is not under me, but he is prosperous. He will understand my need and would give me some. If he refuses, I will take him under my control by force."
The Minister reached Lanka and said to Ravana, "My king Chakraven want to you to give him a bag of gold." Hearing it, Ravana got angry and said, "How dare Chakraven ask for gold as tax! I think he has forgotten about my power. Leave at once. Had you not been a messenger, you would have been killed."
The Minister said, "King Chakraven controls the whole world. I think you are making a mistake by refusing him." And the minister went out. He made a sand model of Lanka on the sea shore and then went to Ravana again. Seeing him again, Ravana said, "Why have you come again?" The minister replied politely, "This time, I have not come to demand anything from you. But I want to show you something and request you to come outside."
Ravana accompanied him. When he came out, the minister showed him the Lanka of sand made by him, and said, "This is a copy of Lanka. If I crush any part of this duplicate Lanka, the same part of your Lanka would be destroyed." He further sad, "I pray in the name of king Chakraven, Ravana is refusing to give the gold." Then he destroyed a little part of the duplicate Lanka and the same part of the real Lanka was demolished. Ravana was scared. The minister smiled and sand, "The king Chakraven need not fight you. Only the power of his virtuous city is enough to destroy your Lanka. This has been proved"http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...ives_golds.jpg
Ravana was so afraid of the powers of king Chakraven that he gave the quantity of gold to the minister immediately.
The minister returned and gave the gold to the king Chakraven. The queen asked, "From where did you bring the gold?" The minister told her the whole story. The queen felt ashmed as she had failed to realise the real powers of his husband. She understood that a good and virtuous way of life is far better than a luxurious one. The queen repented and ordered the minister to return the gold to Ravana. The minister did the same.

صائد الأفكار 15 - 8 - 2012 12:46 AM

THE LAKE OF MURA

This is a folk tale of ancient times. There was a dense forest in a country. A woodcutter lived in a village near the forest with his mother. He was known by the name of Kushimura of Kushi in short. He used to go to the forest daily to cut wood and then made toys out of them. Thereafter, he sold the toys in the market.
He was a great devotee of the god and used to go to his temple daily. One day, the god appeared before him and said, "Oh son! I am pleased with you. Ask for anything and I am pleased with you. Ask for anything and I will grant it to you."
http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...bring_food.jpgKushi bowed to the god and said, "Oh god! I do not want anything for myself, but I do want a lake for the villagers that would help them to earn a living." The god said, "All right! As you like," and disappeared.
Next day when Kushi went to the forest, he was happy to see a beautiful lake there. But when he was going to sell the toys, he saw a boatman with his boat in the lake. The boatman said to him, "The god has sent me to help you. Sit in the boat. I will take you ac across the lake." Kushi sat in the boat and crossed the lake. This way, he began to cross the lake every day.
One day while he was returning from the market, he heard a cry, "Help! Help!" He ran towards the voice. He saw a boy and a girl running towards him. They said to him, "Please help us! Two hunters are following us. They want to kill us." Kushi assured them and look to a nearby cave. "Stay here. Do not be afraid. I will bring food for you," Kushi said.
Kushi came back his home and asked his mother to pack one box of rice and some extra soup along with his lunch every day.
Now Kushi used to take lunch for the boy and the girl living in the cave. After a few days, his mother became curious to know the secret of the extra lunch. She wanted to know to whom her son was feeding daily? At last, she began to ask her son about the secret repeatedly. Her son Kushi got irritated and said, "I will tell you the secret but do not disclose it to anyone."
After getting her assurance, he narrated the whole incident and the place where the girl and the boy were living.
The next day his mother went to the forest and was surprised to see the lake there. She also saw the boatman with his boat in the lake. She asked the boatman, "How did a lake, a boat and a boatman appear here? From where did a boy and a girl come to live in the cave?"
She pressed the boatman to tell the things clearly. Although the boatman was afraid of telling the secret, yet he told it to Kushi’s mother. "The god was pleased with Kushi and gifted him with this lake and asked me to work as a boatman. The girl and the boy are sister and brother and have been sent to test Kushi. The lake will dry the day when the sister and brother will not get food. "
But Kushi’s mother could not believe it. She mixed pebbles in the rice for the children. Both of them fell ill. Kushi prepared a medicine out of herbs and shrubs and gave it to them. They recovered from illness. When he was returning home, he saw that the water level of the lake had reduced. He could not understand the reason.
Next day when he was going to work, he heard the sound of pebbles in the lunch box of the children. He threw the food aside and went to work. Both sister and brother remained hungry.
In the evening, he saw the water level of the lake receded. Kushi became sad. He prepared food himself and served it to the children. The level of the lake again rose.http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti..._from_lake.jpg
One day, the hunters came and asked Kushi’s mother the address of the sister and brother. According to the condition, she did not tell the address, but she waved her hand towards the cave. As soon as she waved her hand, she became a statue. The lake also dried and a deodar tree appeared in the dry lake.
When Kushi returned from the market, he was very sad to see the dry lake. He did not go to his home. Instead he prayed to the god and wept bitterly. The god was kind enough and blessed him. The lake was filled again by the drops of his tears

صائد الأفكار 15 - 8 - 2012 12:46 AM

THE REAL OWNER OF THE BULLS

Once a farmer purchased two healthy oxen from a fair. He reached home very late but was very happy to have those good oxen. Now, he no longer have to depend on other's for cultivating his fields. He decided to take good care of the oxen. He was also thinking of making money by lending them to others.http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...er_of_bull.jpg
Next day, he left early in the morning with his oxen and ploughed the field. At noon, he left the animals loose for grazing and slept for a while under a tree to refresh himself.
A thief passing by saw a pair of oxen and the owner sleeping. He thought, 'I shouldn't miss this opportunity of stealing them. As soon as he roped them and proceeded, the farmer got up and saw the thief taking away his oxen. The farmer ran after the thief and caught him by his neck.
The farmer said, "Who are you? How dare you steal my oxen!" The thief said, "What nonsense! These are my oxen. I bought them yesterday from the fair."
The farmer got annoyed and said, "Do not try to befool me. These are mine." They continued to fight like this.http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti..._the_thief.jpg
The farmer dragged the thief to a nearby village. He put his claim over the oxen but the thief also made a counter claim.
The villagers asked both of them to bring witnesses to support their claim. The farmer showed his inability as he had brought the oxen only yesterday. His villagers had not seen the oxen hence they could not recognize them. The thief, too, failed to bring witness. The dispute remained unsolved.
The thief said, "See! This fellow has no proof and was just trying to befool us all." At this stage, all the villagers decided to take the case to the village physician who was very intelligent.
The village physician heard both of them. He understood who the real owner was. Even then he wanted to make the case candid. Therefore, he asked the thief what food he had served the oxen early in the morning. The thief said, "Rice and vegetables."
The physician asked the same question to the farmer. The farmer said, "I am poor hence, only the grass was served to the oxen." Thereafter, the physician gave a purgative to the oxen to cause vomiting. The oxen discharged only grass from their rectum and vomited the same through the mouth. This was enough to support the claim of the farmer.http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...sting_oxen.jpg
Then the physician said to the thief, "Do not steal anything in future. It is not a good thing. It only leads a person to his fall.
The thief promised not to do so in future. The farmer was very happy to get his oxen back.

صائد الأفكار 15 - 8 - 2012 12:47 AM

THOSE FORTY DAYS

Once an Arab cloth merchant named Ajab was going on a voyage along with his friends. They were enjoying the journey, eating, drinking and dancing all the way. All of a sudden, a storm arose in the sea. It destroyed the ship totally. All the friends were drowned but Ajab. He managed to swim to the shore. He was exhausted and tired. Besides, he was hungry. He searched for food but found nothing. He back to his country.http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...b%27s_ship.jpg
After some time, he heard some noise coming from the seaside. He saw that a ship was coming closer. He thought that the ship may have pirates or even man-eaters. So he quickly hid himself behind a tree to save his life and to keep a watch on the movements of the strangers.
The ship stopped on the sea shore. Some slaves descended from the ship. They had spades with them. They moved ahead and dug a pit. Then they brought big baskets from the ship and descended into the pit. They were going down and coming up by the steps they had made. Ajab was surprised to see their strange activities. Then the slaves went away went away. An old man along with an eight year old boy came and entered the pit.
Ajab was thinking, ‘Who are these people? Why have they come here? What are they doing inside the pit?' While Ajab was thinking about this, the old man came out of the pit, but he did not have the little child with him. He went away without the boy. Before they left they covered the pit. All this made Ajab more suspicious about the intentions of the people. He thought, ‘It appears that these people have buried the child alive.'
He thought of saving the child. So he quickly removed the mud from the pit and descended the steps. There he saw a door. He opened and went inside. Some candles were lit there. He saw baskets full of food items and the boy was playing chess.
Seeing the stranger, the boy was frightened. He hid himself behind the bed and started at Ajab. Seeing the boy frightened, Ajab comforted him, "You need not be afraid of mhttp://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...ith_haroon.jpge. I want to help you. Tell me who these people were and why did they leave you here."
Now the boy felt some relief and said, "My name is Haroon. My father's name is Rashid. He is one of the richest jewelers of Baghdad. I am the only son of my father. I was born by the blessings of Pir Baba. But Pir Baba has told that I will have a short age. The eighth year of my life will prove very dangerous for me. My father consulted a number of fortunetellers and astrologers who all told that my age would be very short. All this has upset my father. He wanted to find a way to save to my life. One of the astrologers told my father, "There is danger to the life of your son from a person named Ajab. If you could save your son during his eighth year from Ajab, your son would have a long life."The boy continued, "My father has hidden me here so that Ajab could not do any harm to me. I am going to complete my eighth year after forty days. Thereafter, I will be able to live longer."
Hearing the boy, Ajab thought, ‘Why would I kill this innocent boy? They boy is so lovely that anybody will love him. The astrologer must be wrong. '
Haroon asked him, "Uncle, you have not yet told about yourself. Who are you? From where have you come?"Ajab said, "I am a cloth merchant. I was going for some business."Thus, Ajab told about himself. But he did not tell his name. He had decided to prove the astrologers wrong.
He said Haroon, "My son! You need not be afraid of anyone. I am here to protect you. Now it is my responsibility to save you from all dangers. So far as I am here, nobody can harm you."
The words of the stranger made Haroon very happy. He became fearless. Soon he mingled with Ajab and started addressing him as his uncle.
Ajab took great care of Haroon too. He played with him and even told him stories to entertain him. They both ate, played and slept together. This way, they spent thirty-nine days happily with each other. Now only the fortieth day was left to pass the deadline of the danger.http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti...ved_haroon.jpg
On the fortieth day, Ajab helped Haroon to get ready. Both had breakfast together. They played chess all day. When it was evening, Haroon felt hungry. He asked Ajab to give him something to eat. Ajab said, "Wait, I will bring a watermelon for you."He picked a watermelon from one of the baskets and asked for the knife. Haroon pointed to the shelf near his bed. As Ajab was trying to pick the knife, a scorpion stung in his foot. Out of pain he dwindled and fell on Haroon. The knife struck the palm of Haroon who cried in pain. Ajab quickly got up and bandaged Haroon's wound. Tears welled up in his eyes.
Seeing Ajab weeping, Haroon asked him, "Uncle, I am crying out of pain, but why are you crying?"
Ajab replied, "These are the tears of happiness. I had not told you that I am Ajab. Your father hid you here because of me. But I had decided on that very day to protect you at any cost. Had you been killed by the falling of knife, who would have told your father how we had spent these forty days."
Haroon hugged his uncle and cried in happiness.
At this moment, they heard the sound of steps as if some people were coming there. Soon Haroon's father appeared along the slaves. Haroon rushed to his father and hugged him. He told his father everything about Ajab and his father hugged Ajab and thanked him.

صائد الأفكار 15 - 8 - 2012 12:48 AM

WATER IN DESERT

Once, a child was born in a Vaishya family, who was named Bodhisatva. The family had a flourishing business. When Bodhisatva grew up he began to help in the family business. Sometimes he had to go to other towns for business.http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti..._in_desert.jpg
Once, Bodhisatva proceeded on a business trip along with other five hundred businessmen. They all had their bullock carts. The leader cart was leading in front and others were following him.
Slowly, the caravan reached the desert. Everywhere nothing except sandy landscape could be sighted. They all felt very tired after travelling such a long distance in the desert. As the sun was too hot it was difficult to move further.
Seeing all this, the chief of the caravan said, "Let us rest here for the day. We shall resume our journey in the evening. Then the weather will be fairly cool."
All followed the instruction. They parked their bullock carts, gave fodder and water to the bulls and went to take rest.
In the evening the chief of the caravan called out, "O men, get ready for the journey. They city is not too far. We will reach in the morning."
All got ready and bullock carts made a long queue one after the other. To lessen the weight on the bullock carts. They emptied the water vessel with the hope that they would fill the vessels with fresh water in the city. They were hopeful that there would be no desert further.
The caravan of bullock carts proceeded ahead. The carts were closely following one another. The chief was leading the caravan to the city.
They continued with their journey in the dark throughout the night without even realizing whether it was right direction or not.
At the dawn, realized that they had lost the path. They desperately decided to return to the same spot. http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti..._in_desert.jpg
The sun was getting hotter as the caravan was searching for the place. Finally, they reached the same spot where they were the day before. They had already thrown the water they had with them. Now feeling too thirsty they desperately looked for water which was nowhere to be seen. The carts stopped in a circle. They were dying for water.
Seeing no other way, Bodhisatva decided to search water in the desert. He was so determined that he wanted to dig a well for water. But his search went in vain. Then he began to look for a suitable spot where water could be found on digging. He moved further and found some cactus. It occurred to him that it was a suitable spot for digging, as cactus wouldn’t grow without underground water. Then, he asked a cart driver, "Friend, dig over here. Water is likely to be found at this spot."
He started digging. After digging deep his spade struck a rock! He stopped digging and cried out, "There is a rock!"
Bodhisatva heard the digger and descended in the pit. Seeing the rock he went closer to it. Suddenly his eyes shone. He could hear a sound of water beneath the rock.
He came out of the pit and said to his friends, "If we do nothing, we are sure to die of thirst. I have heard water running under the rock. Let us try to break the rock at any cost. We will surely get water. We must have will power and courage. Let us try again with confidence." But the people were too tired and thirsty to muster courage to come forward to make further efforts. Bodhisatva was disappointed to see that none showed courage to come forward for digging.
Suddenly, a youth stood up picked up the spade and descended down the pit. Seeing the youth Bodhisatva was hopeful for water.http://www.kidsgen.com/stories/bedti..._in_desert.jpg
The youth started hitting the rock with all his might and the broken and there came up a fountain of cold, sweet water. Seeing this, the people rushed towards the fountain and began to dance joyfully. They quenched their thirst. Bulls were also given water. All thanked Bodhisatva and proceeded on their journey.
Soon they reached the city. Thus, Bodhisatva with his determination and courage could save the lives of his companions. Moreover, that fountain of water became a place for the travelers to quench their thirst and rest. The will power and courage are key to success.

روح الياسمين 14 - 9 - 2012 03:01 AM

B-happy 7 - 10 - 2012 09:58 PM

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...ank2520you.gif

الساعة الآن 07:01 AM.