منتديات المُنى والأرب

منتديات المُنى والأرب (http://www.arabna312.com//index.php)
-   stories related to this forum (http://www.arabna312.com//forumdisplay.php?f=263)
-   -   Collection of short stories (http://www.arabna312.com//showthread.php?t=26527)

جمال جرار 13 - 8 - 2012 02:32 AM

Collection of short stories

Collection of short stories
A Wise Counting

Let us enjoy reading this story of A Wise Counting.

Emperor Akbar was in the habit of putting riddles and puzzles to his courtiers. He often asked questions which were strange and witty. It took much wisdom to answer these questions.

Once he asked a very strange question. The courtiers were dumb folded by his question.

Akbar glanced at his courtiers. As he looked, one by one the heads began to hang low in search of an answer. It was at this moment that Birbal entered the courtyard. Birbal who knew the nature of the emperor quickly grasped the situation and asked, "May I know the question so that I can try for an answer".

Akbar said, "How many crows are there in this city?"

Without even a moment's thought, Birbal replied "There are fifty thousand five hundred and eighty nine crows, my lord".

"How can you be so sure?” asked Akbar.

Birbal said, "Make you men count, My lord. If you find more crows it means some have come to visit their relatives here. If you find less number of crows it means some have gone to visit their relatives elsewhere".

Akbar was pleased very much by Birbal's wit.

MORAL : A witty answer will serve its purpose.

جمال جرار 13 - 8 - 2012 02:33 AM

Bell The Cat.

There was a grocery shop in a town. Plenty of mice lived in that grocery shop. Food was in plenty for them. They ate everything and spoiled all the bags. They also wasted the bread, biscuits and fruits of the shop.

The grocer got really worried. So, he thought "I should buy a cat and let it stay at the grocery. Only then I can save my things."

He bought a nice, big fat cat and let him stay there. The cat had a nice time hunting the mice and killing them. The mice could not move freely now. They were afraid that anytime the cat would eat them up.

The mice wanted to do something. They held a meeting and all of them tweeted "We must get rid of the cat. Can someone give a suggestion"?

All the mice sat and brooded. A smart looking mouse stood up and said, "The cat moves softly. That is the problem. If we can tie a bell around her neck, then things will be fine. We can know the movements of the cat".

“Yes, that is answer,” stated all the mice. An old mouse slowly stood up and asked, "Who would tie the bell?" After some moments there was no one there to answer this question.

MORAL : Empty solutions are of no worth.

جمال جرار 13 - 8 - 2012 02:35 AM

Belling The Cat.

There lived many mice in a grocer’s shop. They ate plenty of grains and the grocer suffered heavy loss. So, he brought
a fat cat to catch the mice. The mice were worried. They held a meeting to drive away the cat.

A smart-looking mouse suggested that the cat moved softly and swiftly. They decided to tie a bell round its neck
. So that when the cat moves, the mice would become aware of the cat. All the mice agreed to this decision.

The old mouse said, “Can you tell me who is to bell the cat?”

There was no reply.

Their decision is not yet executed.

جمال جرار 13 - 8 - 2012 02:36 AM

Clever Thief.

Devan was a clever thief. He robbed the rich and gave all to the sick and the needy. The other thieves were jealous of him. They planned to get rid of him. They challenged to steal the King’s Pyjamas.

Deven accepted the challenge. After that he prepared to execute the new challenge. He charted out a plan to steal the King. He prepared himself mentally to carry out a plan.

He went to the King’s Palace. He found the King sleeping. He opened a bottle of red ants on the bed. The King was badly bitten. He cried for help. The servants rushed in. They pretended to look for ants. Deven removed the King’s Pyjamas and escaped. Other thieves were dump founded.

They accepted Deven their leader.

Moral : Be clever.

جمال جرار 13 - 8 - 2012 02:42 AM

The Fox Without Tail

http://www.kidsgen.com/moral_stories/images/fox1.jpg

A fox was once caught in a trap. It was only after a tough struggle that she could get free. But, to her
sorrow, her beautiful tail had been cut off and left in the trap.

"How ugly I shall look!" moaned the fox, " won't the other foxes laugh at me ?"
Thinking hard, the fox hit upon a plan to save herself from being laughed at

http://www.kidsgen.com/moral_stories/images/fox2.jpg

. She called a meeting of his friends and said, "Brothers! have you ever

wondered why after all, we carry these long tails?" Let us cut them off and be free from their nuisance."

But the other foxes had noticed her cut-off tail. They laughed aloud and replied, "You used to say that tails looked very fine when your own was all right. Now that you have lost yours, you want us to lose ours too."
MORAL : Dirty tricks seldom work.

جمال جرار 13 - 8 - 2012 02:48 AM

You Can't Please Everyone

One day a man was going to market with his son and his ass. they met a couple on the way.

"Why walk when you have an ass to ride?" called out the husband, "seat the boy on the ass."

"I would like that," said the boy, "help me up father."
http://www.kidsgen.com/moral_stories/images/please2.jpg

And the father did that willingly.

Soon they met another couple. "How shameful of you!" cried the woman, "let your father ride, won't he be tired?"

So, the boy got down and the father rode the ass. Again they marched on.

"poor boy", said the next person they met, "why should the lazy father ride while his son is walking?"

So, the boy got onto the ass too. As they went on, they met some travellers.
http://www.kidsgen.com/moral_stories/images/please3.jpg

"How cruel of them!" They are up to kill the poor ass." cried one of the travellers.

Hearing this, the father and the son got down. Now they decided to carry the ass on their shoulders. As they did so, the travellers broke into laughter.

The laughter frightened the ass. It broke free and galloped away.
MORAL: You can not please everyone

جمال جرار 13 - 8 - 2012 02:52 AM

Haste makes Waste.

A woman had a pet mongoose. It was very faithful. One day she went to the market, leaving her baby in the care of the mongoose. At that time a big cobra entered the house. The mongoose killed it after a long and fierce fight. When the woman came back she saw the mongoose lying at the entrance. She noticed its blood-covered mouth. In her haste the woman thought that the mongoose had killed her baby. In a moment of sudden fury, the woman threw the water pot on the mongoose and killed it. Alas! When she entered the house she was filled with remorse. Her baby was playing cheerfully. Nearby a big cobra lay dead. The woman shed tears of grief fondling the carcass of the mongoose.

MORAL : Do not act in haste.

جمال جرار 13 - 8 - 2012 02:53 AM

Honesty is The Best Policy.

A milkman became very wealthy through dishonest means. He had to cross a river daily to reach the city where his customers lived. He mixed the water of the river generously with the milk that he sold for a good profit. One day he went around collecting the dues in order to celebrate the wedding of his son. With the large amount thus collected he purchased plenty of rich clothes and glittering gold ornaments. But while crossing the river the boat capsized and all his costly purchases were swallowed by the river. The milk vendor was speechless with grief. At that time he heard a voice that came from the river, “Do not weep. What you have lost is only the illicit gains you earned through cheating your customers.

MORAL : Honest dealings are always supreme. Money earned by wrong methods will never remain for ever

جمال جرار 13 - 8 - 2012 02:54 AM

Night Watchman.

The manager of a firm advertised for a night watchman. All the applicants were present. But the manager was not satisfied. He found something wrong with each man. There was Raju, an applicant. He was sitting in a corner waiting for his turn of interview. Manager found nothing wrong in his appearance. He questioned about his health. He got the reply that he was suffering from sleeplessness. Manager was happy and appointed him.

Moral : Be real.

جمال جرار 13 - 8 - 2012 02:55 AM

Pride has A Fall.

Gorelal was a famous sculptor. His sculptures looked real ones. One day he saw a dream that after fifteen days, the demon of Death would come to take him. Gorelal prepared nine statues of himself and when on the 15th day he heard the Demon of Death coming, he took his place between the statues. The Demon could not recognise him and was astonished to see ten Gorelals instead of one. He rushed back to the God of death and told the matter. The God of death got annoyed and set out to take Gorelal himself. Gorelal was alert and stood motionless. The God of Death initially got perplexed. But he thought for a moment. He said, “Gorelal, these sculptures would have been perfect but for one mistake." Gorelal was unable to suffer the least blemish in his work. He came out and asked, "Where is the fault?" God of Death caught him and said, “HERE". The statues were faultless but Gorelal was caught because of his pride.

MORAL : Pride has A Fall.

الساعة الآن 05:33 AM.